Thank you for supporting the End the Cage Age ECI. You can show your support by either signing online or by signing a paper petition.
To be accepted, an ECI must have at least one million validated signatures collected within one year of launch. In order for your signature to be validated, it’s vital that you fill in all the information requested accurately and completely, whether you sign online or on a paper form.
Special instructions for the paper petition form
- This petition form is an official document and for your signature to count, it is essential that you fill in all the information requested legibly in BLOCK PRINT CAPITAL LETTERS.
- If the form is not filled in accurately and completely, there is a risk that your signature, and any other signatures on the form, will not be counted.
- Please send the completed form immediately to the return address on the form so that your signature can be counted and your data kept securely.
Why do you need certain information from me?
- Whether signing online or on paper, each EU member state decides which personal information it requires on an ECI petition.
- Some member states only require a name and address, but others require information such as your passport number.
- All the information you enter on the petition page will only be used by each member state to validate your signature and will be securely destroyed immediately after your signature has been counted.
Who can sign the ECI petition?
All EU citizens can sign who are:
- nationals of an EU member state (excluding UK) and
- old enough to vote in European Parliament elections – this means age 18 or older, except Austria where the voting age is 16
Visit the European Commission website for more information.